Instagram on Wednesday announced “Instagram Reels” a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. It is similar to TikTok or not? in this article we will cover the feature and pros. From Instagram’s Reels, you can create fun videos and share it with friends or anyone on Instagram. you can record and edit 15 seconds multi-clip videos of course with the audio feature, effects, and creative tools. Reels launching in more than 50 countries today, including the US, UK, Australia, and others on both Android and IOS.
How Instagram Reels Work
Yes, Reels looks similar to TikTok but with many new features, and its all on your favorite platform Instagram and It’s not hard to use Reels, it’s super easy and I will tell you how. Go to your Instagram App and select Reels at the bottom of Instagram’s camera. there you will get editing tools such as audio effects.
Reels in Explore showcases the best of trending culture on Instagram. Discover an entertaining selection of reels made by anyone on Instagram, in a personalized vertical feed. You’ll also see some Reels with a Featured label.
According to Instagram, “If your reel is featured in Explore, you’ll receive a notification. Featured reels are a selection of public reels chosen by Instagram to help you discover original content we hope will entertain and inspire you.”
Instagram Reels Features
Reels consists of five important features.
- Audio: You can search for a song from the music library of Instagram but if you don’t want to use a music library then you can use your audio. it’s simple now you have an audio, you can create reels with your audio by selecting “Use Audio” from your reel.
- AR Effects: the second feature is AR Effects, created by Instagram and Creators, from this option you can record multiple videos with different effects. So this feature will come handy for the Creators.
- Timer and Countdown: This is a third feature of the Reels, set your time to record your clips, click press record and you will see a reverse countdown timer i.e 3-2-1.
- Align: Line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into your reel.
- Speed: Choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. This can help you stay on a beat or make slow-motion videos.
TikTok may be banned in the US and it is banned in India and so Reels will be used by many Creators and public figures no doubt because the features are similar to TikTok and creators needs similar platforms like TikTok.